My Friend’s Letter to His Granddaughter on Her 1st Communion
When my friend received an invitation to his granddaughter’s First Communion, he answered yes, and wrote that “I was honored and happy to witness the first time that you experience the awesome awareness of presence of God within you.”
At the “Last Supper” Jesus took bread, broke it, and said, “This is my body. Take it and eat.” At the Consecration of every Mass, the priest takes bread (the host) and says, “This is my body. Take it and eat.”
The priest doesn’t say, “This is kinda like my body, or this is sorta like my body, or this represents my body”. No. With absolute certainty, the priest says, “This is my body.” – (just like Christ said at the “Last Supper”.)
At that moment, God is present in the host. No one knows how God is present, but somehow, God is present. We believe that because Christ said so, with great clarity and authority the night before he died
So today, when you receive your 1st communion, you will experience the awesome awareness of the presence of God within you.
The Above YouTube Music Video expresses this blog Post’;s Message, in Latin – In any language, the Message is the Same
- You’ll become aware of the Power & Wisdom of God the Father, who made you in His image & Likeness.
- You’ll become aware of the Mercy and Forgiveness of God’s Son, Jesus. God the Father loves you so much that he sent His only Son, Jesus, to become man, and die on the cross for everyone’s sin (including yours), so you can be with Him, now and forever.
- You’ll become aware of the the Peace, Comfort, and Joy of the Companionship of God, through the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit Opens your Mind, Softens your Heart, and Touches your Soul.
You Invite the Holly Spirit to Give you the Gift of Grace by having:
- The Humility of Creature to Creator.
- The Gratitude of Sinner to Savior.
- The Trust, that God is Sovereign Over All Things.
All of that was given to you in that host today, and every day you receive communion. (The word “Communion” means “In Union With”.) What a marvelous gift, to be in union with God, now and forever. Today’s gospel assures us that Communion helps keep the branch (you) attached to the life-giving vine (God).
For those that believe, no further explanation is necessary.
For those that don’t, no further explanation is sufficient.
Your reception of communion is testimony of your faith.
That’s why I am honored and happy to witness your “First Communion”.
My gift to you is this Blessing:
“From this day of your 1st Communion, to all the days of all of your Communions,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.”
My friend’s granddaughter sent him a priceless “Thank you” note:
Thank you for your letter. You were right. Kneeling in the pew, after receiving Communion, I felt calm, happy, and good. Later, at home, my sister and I had fun playing in the backyard. (we’ve been upset with each other, lately.) I wasn’t angry anymore.
Perhaps, everyone can experience the LOVE of the presence of God within them, upon receiving Communion, and reflect that LOVE to others – as my friend’s granddaughter did. AS cxpressed in the music video, Below: